1. Line a large sided cookie sheet with foil lapping the ends and spray well with Pam.
2. Measure 6 cups of pretzels and arrange in the bottom of the pan.
3. In a medium sauce pan melt 1 1/4 Cup real butter
4. Add 1 1/4 Cup of brown sugar and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
5. Remove from the heat and add 1 tsp. vanilla. Stir well.
6. Pour the cooked syrup carefully over the pretzels covering as even as possible.
7. Put into a 350 degree oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. It should be very bubbly on top and starting to brown just a little.
8 Remove from the oven and sprinkle with a large package of milk chocolate chips or semisweet if you prefer. If I want them extra good I will put another 1/2 package of chips but 1 will do.
9. Let sit until the chips melt and spread around to cover the top.
10. I like to use some sliced or chopped toasted almonds on half since I have the nuts and no nuts in my family.
11. When cool cut down the sides with foil and lift out of the pan and remove the foil. I like to use a knife to cut it up to get more even pieces.
This recipe can be cut in half if you don't want this much but they freeze well and are nice to have on hand.
|Pretzels with the cooked syrup|
|After 7-8 minutes in the oven|
|With the chocolate and nuts|