1. Zest 1 orange to make 1 T. and squeeze the juice to make ½ C. in a glass bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of unflavored gelatin and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well to dissolve the gelatin.
2. Add ½ to 2/3 Cup of sugar (to taste) to the juice and stir well.
2. Wash and remove the stems of 1 quart of strawberries slice a bit and chop coarsely in a food processor to make 2 cups.
3. Mix the strawberries with the juice mixture and stir in 1 heaping tablespoon of ultra gel. (Walmart and other markets sell it or Kitchen Kneads in Ogden) It is the stuff they thicken instant pudding with. Stir well for one minute to dissolve everything. Chill and eat or freeze for later use. A big package of strawberries from Costco makes 4 batches and you can make them all at one time in a large bowl. It makes 6 pints.
1. Heat 1 cup of very hot water but not boiling. If your tap water is quite hot it may be enough. You don’t want to cook it just soften. Add ½ cup semolina, stir well and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Stir in and beat until smooth:
1/4 c. melted butter
1 T. vegetable oil
½ C. Greek yogurt (I never use non fat)
½ C. sugar
Scant 1/2 tsp. salt
¾ C. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
Generous 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla or lemon zest or orange zest
3. Pour into a well sprayed sprayed 8 in. cake pan or spring form. Bake at 350 for 20- 25 minutes
I made this cake once and forgot the melted butter sitting in the microwave and the cake was still moist and delicious so if you are cutting fats and want to take a risk it won't disappoint.