1. Line a large sided cookie sheet with foil lapping the ends and spray well with Pam.
2. Measure 6 cups of pretzels and arrange in the bottom of the pan.
3. In a medium sauce pan melt 1 1/4 Cup real butter
4. Add 1 1/4 Cup of brown sugar and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
5. Remove from the heat and add 1 tsp. vanilla. Stir well.
6. Pour the cooked syrup carefully over the pretzels covering as even as possible.
7. Put into a 350 degree oven and bake for 7-8 minutes. It should be very bubbly on top and not starting to brown.
8 Remove from the oven and sprinkle with a large package of milk chocolate chips or semisweet if you prefer. If I want them extra good I will put another 1/2 package of chips but 1 will do.
9. Let sit until the chips melt and spread around to cover the top.
10. I like to use some sliced or chopped toasted almonds on half since I have the nuts and no nuts in my family.
11. When cool cut down the sides with foil and lift out of the pan and remove the foil. I like to use a knife to cut it up to get more even pieces.
|Pretzels with the cooked syrup|
|After 7-8 minutes in the oven|
|With the chocolate and nuts|