Garden Veggies

Garden Veggies
Made into tile for my stove backsplash

Portland Rose Garden

Portland Rose Garden
Mike and my 2 youngest sons Ian and Leif

Grandson Michael's Birthday 2014 throwing water balloons

Grandson Michael's Birthday 2014 throwing water balloons
With son Beau, Grandson Luke and his mom Jennifer

Maren

Maren
I cut this out of a wedding line. I must take more pictures of her.

Friday, May 21, 2010

ROSEMARY TOMATO BREAD DIP

I was staying in St. George.  I had a bag of Roma Tomatoes and a rosemary bush outside and wanted to make a bread dip for some dinner guests, so I concocted this.  I loved the flavor combination and have done it several times since.  I have even used it on sliced roast beef and grilled chicken and it was lovely.  It is also good as a shrimp dip.  (Yesterday I tossed it with a little chicken, pasta and parm cheese...awesome!)

5-7 Roma tomatoes boiled to remove skins (Use more than 5 if small)

Grate 2 large cloves of garlic and about half an onion (¼ C. coarsely grated sweet onion is good)

Put ½ C. olive oil in a saucepan with the garlic and onion. Fry until it begins to brown stirring constantly. Chop the tomatoes into quite small pieces add to the garlic mixture with ½ tsp. salt, ¼ tsp. black pepper and 1 T. finely chopped fresh rosemary. (I have never tried dry but you would use less and might want to crush it up a bit) Add a little crushed red pepper if you like heat. Cook and stir until it is a nice thick consistency, about 10 minutes. Serve in small dipping bowls with dinner or as an appetizer in a basket with crusty French bread. It can also be served as a sauce with your choice of meat or as a dip for shrimp. I love this stuff. I can eat it out of the bowl with a spoon and be very happy!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

This looks wonderful. However do you keep your great figure with all the cooking you do. I hardly cook anymore and am having less and less motivation to try. Of course it doesn't help that my dear husband doesn't like many flavors in his food. Keep them coming. I will try this one for myself....

Cheryl said...

You make everything sound so good!