Garden Veggies

Garden Veggies
Made into tile for my stove backsplash

Portland Rose Garden

Portland Rose Garden
Mike and my 2 youngest sons Ian and Leif

Grandson Michael's Birthday 2014 throwing water balloons

Grandson Michael's Birthday 2014 throwing water balloons
With son Beau, Grandson Luke and his mom Jennifer

Maren

Maren
I cut this out of a wedding line. I must take more pictures of her.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

MARINADE FOR MOIST CHICKEN BREASTS


Grilling or broiling chicken breasts are less than satisifying because they taste dry and very dry.  I adapted this recipe from  my friend Janet Thaeler who used the finished product to make Cordon Bleu.  She told me they were, "so moist."  I thought, "Why not for grilled chicken."  It works.  Much improved taste and texture.


1 Scant tsp salt
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. black pepper 
Cayenne pepper – a little or a lot or none
1-2 cloves of garlic grated  (your taste in garlic)
½ tsp. baking powder
2 T. white wine or apple juice  (I buy those little boxes of Juicy Juice and always have a small amount on hand.)
2 T. olive oil
Cut 4 chicken breasts into 3 pieces and pound until equal thickness.  (Pounding ensures not over or undercooking any part)  Put in a glass bowl, with the marinade, and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. (the longer the better)  Grill, broil or brown on the stove. Don’t overcook.  Good in anything that you need cooked chicken. 

1 comment:

Maryquilter said...

Charmaine: I will give this a try and let you know how it works