Garden Veggies

Garden Veggies
Made into tile for my stove backsplash

Portland Rose Garden

Portland Rose Garden
Mike and my 2 youngest sons Ian and Leif

Grandson Michael's Birthday 2014 throwing water balloons

Grandson Michael's Birthday 2014 throwing water balloons
With son Beau, Grandson Luke and his mom Jennifer

Maren

Maren
I cut this out of a wedding line. I must take more pictures of her.

Monday, November 29, 2010

5 WEEKS IN EUROPE

Mike and I spent 5 weeks in Europe returning home on the 23 of October. We started in Vienna Austria, to Budapest Hungary and a few days in southern Hungary staying in a small village called Kapolcs. We then flew to Paris and traveled by car to Giverny, France (Monet's home) Then on to the Normandy France area, Mont-Saint-Michel, Loire Valley and ending up in a village in southern France by the Dordogne river called, La Roque Gageac. We were there for 5 days taking day trips to many neighboring villages. There was a castle outside the window of our charming guest house. It was a spectacular area, as you will see in the photos.

We returned to Paris and spent a couple of days (see my post "A Sunday in Paris") Then we flew to Malaga in southern Spain where we had rented a villa in the hills where there are many white pueblo villages. Our house was 20 minutes up a windy (seasick) road, but the view was worth it. We had many adventures in our week there traveling to Granada, Malaga, Cordoba and many of the charming pueblo villages. We took the high speed train (the only way to fly) back to Madrid, Spain and then to Toledo for a day. We spent our last four days in Madrid. From there we took a day trip to Segovia and Avila. While in Madrid we went to a session of the Madrid LDS temple, visited the Prado and a modern art museum. We traveled with Ron and Cheryl Miller from Monterey, California. I took a few thousand pictures and have cut them down to about 1,300 pictures. From this I picked out about 250 for this slide show. They are all labled so you will know what you are looking at. Click on the pictures below, which will take you to Picasa and then get a full screen slide show for a better viewing experience.

1 comment:

TnD said...

Finally, I get to see some pics of Europe. I hope I can be as cool as you and mom when I am your age, globe trotting across Europe. What a great experience.