Garden Veggies

Garden Veggies
Made into tile for my stove backsplash

Portland Rose Garden

Portland Rose Garden
Mike and my 2 youngest sons Ian and Leif

Grandson Michael's Birthday 2014 throwing water balloons

Grandson Michael's Birthday 2014 throwing water balloons
With son Beau, Grandson Luke and his mom Jennifer

Maren

Maren
I cut this out of a wedding line. I must take more pictures of her.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

BUBBLE PARTY - Homemade Bubble Solution



I was planning a bubble party for my grandson Luke while we were in LA last week.  I found a recipe for homemade bubbles from a Pintrest site.  I made 3 quarts for us to use and some for Luke to take home.  With a small bottle of Dawn dish detergent and a small bottle of corn syrup you can make a gallon of bubble stuff and it makes great bubbles.  I went to K Mart and bought a battery operated bubble machine for $10, a bubble gun, and some bubble wands.  The bubble machine worked great and pumped out lots of little bubbles, which Maren's pug had a riot chasing.  The gun was so so.  I should have gotten the push button model instead of the trigger one, as it was hard for Luke to push.  But the best deal was the bubble wands.  For $1.50 you get a wand that makes bigger bubbles by dipping it in the solution and waving it through the air.  I went back to get more wands for an Easter bubble party at home with Michael.  (Walmart has these wands also in 2 sizes $1 and $2)  Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the party...just me trying out my solution with a wand I made from a piece of heavy wire.  Here is the recipe:

Put 2 1/2 cups very hot tap water into a quart jar.  Add 1/2 Cup Dawn liquid detergent and 1/2 Cup corn syrup.  Stir until mixed well.  Go make bubbles!

Here is the bubble wand and the solution.  The site where I got the recipe had the idea to put it in a sun tea jar with a spigot for dispensing.  I plan to do this next time.  Happy Bubble Party!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

What about the stickiness with the corn syrup? There is a bubble man we often see in Seattle, who just uses dishsoap (probably he has a favorite brand, but I can't recall, I'll ask Taylor) and he makes great bubbles for the kids. I want to try!