Garden Veggies

Garden Veggies
Made into tile for my stove backsplash

Portland Rose Garden

Portland Rose Garden
Mike and my 2 youngest sons Ian and Leif

Grandson Michael's Birthday 2014 throwing water balloons

Grandson Michael's Birthday 2014 throwing water balloons
With son Beau, Grandson Luke and his mom Jennifer

Maren

Maren
I cut this out of a wedding line. I must take more pictures of her.

Friday, May 4, 2012

BROCCOLI BACON AND FRUIT SALAD

This Broccoli Salad has become a favorite picnic salad.  Recently I wanted a little different dinner salad with some fruit and decided to make this without the pasta.  I usually always have broccoli some apples and oranges in the refrigerator and some precooked Costo bacon in the freezer and now I am trying to keep a can of cashews in the pantry so I can make this whenever I want to (along with some dried cranberries, which I usually have).  Grapes are good too but not something I always have.

I make a double batch of dressing and it keeps for a long time so I can mix this up quickly.  1 C. of Mayo, 1/3 C. vinegar and 1/3 C. of sugar and 1/4 tsp salt.

This makes 4 servings and the leftovers keep for a couple of days -  1 apple cubed, 1 orange cut peeled and cubed (and or some grapes), 1 C. of thinned pieces of broccoli  and 3-4 T. dried cranberries.  Toss with 2-4 T. dressing (to taste) and top with a sprinkling of cashews and 2 piece of cooked bacon, sliced thin.  This is nice served in individual serving dishes.  This has to be very healthy and a nice way to get your broccoli.

No comments: