Garden Veggies

Garden Veggies
Made into tile for my stove backsplash

Portland Rose Garden

Portland Rose Garden
Mike and my 2 youngest sons Ian and Leif

Grandson Michael's Birthday 2014 throwing water balloons

Grandson Michael's Birthday 2014 throwing water balloons
With son Beau, Grandson Luke and his mom Jennifer

Maren

Maren
I cut this out of a wedding line. I must take more pictures of her.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

DECADENT CHOCOLATE COOKIE


 I like this cookie because it is awesomely good and you make it with a cake mix, so it is quick.

Beat 2 eggs with 1/2 C. oil and 1 tsp. vanilla in a bowl.  Mix in one chocolate cake mix of your choice.  I usually use a German Chocolate cake mix but have used others.  Devils food makes a very rich chocolate.   Add 1 C. of Semisweet, 1 C. milk chocolate and 1 C. of white chocolate chips.  Or 3 cups of any kind you want.  Add 2 C. of nuts.  My favorite is toasted whole almonds.  You can cut them up or put them in whole.  In this batch I used pecans.  Or you can use a combination of any.  The cake mix is just to bind together the chocolate and nuts and so squish everything together and place on the cookie sheet.

For an extra special cookie make them with good chocolate cut up in chunks instead of the chips. 

Now this is the secret to a good cookie.  BAKE FOR 10 MINUTES - NO MORE THAN 10.  I don't care if they don't look done if you bake them longer they will be dry without the gooey goodness of the melted chocolate.  I have made these dozens of times and know of what I speak.   Take them out and let them cool for at least 5 minutes before you try to eat them.  I have people tell me all the time, "my cookies weren't like yours."  Then I find out they baked them longer because they thought they weren't done.  10 minutes will cook them fine. 


1 comment:

Mike Anderson said...

Dayde, si puede ver esto, le quiero preguntar...podemos comprar "chocolate chips" en Tenerife? Es bueno que tengamos "chocolate chips" para hacer las galletas buenas pero no los hemos visto alli!