Salad - toss together :
1. About 12 ounces of Kale, coarse stems removed and chopped small.
2. 2 apples in bite sized pieces or pears, grapes, oranges or a combination...and avocados are nice.
3. 1/2 C. dried cranberries
Dressing - mix together:
1. 1/4 C. olive oil
2. 1/4 C. fresh lemon juice
3. 1 T. honey (or more if you like sweet)
3. 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper
I like to make a double batch of dressing and keep it ready for making little salads for my husband and me.
Pecan Topping :
1. 1 C. pecans, walnuts or even cashews
2. 1/2 C. coarse grated Parmesan cheese
3. 2 T. olive oil
4. A pinch of salt and pepper
I put this all in a small processor and chopped for 10 - 15 seconds. You don't want it too fine. (I had made a double batch and tossed some with some hot thin spaghetti...WOW!)
Toss the dressing as desired and let sit for 15 minutes or more before serving. I like to serve this in individual servings with the nut mixture sprinkled on the top and bacon if desired.
This is a larger, richer version Creamy Lemon Dressing that I made the second time.
1. Juice 2 lemons about 1/2 C.
2. Add 2/3 C. light olive oil
1 generous tsp. fine grated lemon peel
1/3 tsp. salt or more to taste
Some generous grates of black pepper
1/4 C. honey 2 tsps. ultra gel
Ultra gel is a thickening agent that you can get at most grocery stores now. I know Walmart has it and it has many handy uses. It keeps the ingredients emulsified. Put everything into a pint size wide mouth container and blend with and immersion blender or in a regular blender.