1. Peel and slice 7 medium apples
2. Toss with: ¼ tsp. salt, 1 T. corn starch 1 tsp. cinnamon, ¼ tsp. nutmeg and 2 T. melted butter ½ C. dried cranberries or raisins if desired. (you can also add 1/3 C. of caramel bits, which are very good here.)
3. Put in the bottom of a Pam sprayed crock pot.
4. Mix together the topping: ¼ C. melted butter, ½ C. brown sugar, ½ C. rolled oats, ¼ C. flour, ½ tsp cinnamon, ½ C. broken pecans or walnuts (optional)
5. Sprinkle over the apples and bake on low for 2+ hours. Check to see if the apples are soft in the middle of the pot, bake longer if not. If you want the top crisper take out the pot and put it under the broiler for 3-5 minutes. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.